Saturday, April 15, 2017

Gotta Catch 'Em All

So, awhile ago, one of my friends asked me to make them a pokéball. And for a few months, all I had done was find a few patterns online. But then after I finished the messenger bag, I thought to myself- why not just make it, so I can cross it off my list? And honestly, it didn’t take very long at all… I’m not sure why I procrastinated so much…


I based my pattern off of this one, which I can't remember where I found...


...but anyways, I really wanted to make it look a little more accurate, and have the black ring in the middle be inverted rather than lying on top of the rest of the ball. So I sort of cut out the shape the black part would remove from the front 2 pieces, and sewed it together from the inside with a running stitch. I also added an extra white circle in the middle for the button.



I hadn’t had enough red felt to make it full-sized, so I tried my best to make it the smaller size that the pokéballs can shrink to for easy transport. I’m rather pleased with how it turned out. This is the modified pattern I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment