Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The Cutie Mark Crusaders


These two plushies have been half-finished for awhile now, mainly because I was intimidated by having to make a pattern for Sweetie Belle's mane and tail. But I finished them finally!


After I finished them, I realized that I had done Sweetie Belle's bangs wrong, since the purple part was supposed to have another bend to it, to connect it to the pink part, like on the bottom of her mane... Oh well. And I didn't realize until later that I should have sewn the purple and pink parts together first, so it didn't end up so flat. At least I know for next time.
This is the pattern I used, which uses this pattern for the body. I included it in my pattern for sizing purposes. Sweetie Belle's mane and tail are designed to be curled after they are sewn together, like so:




For the eyes, I cut circles of white felt, and used puffy paint to color them.




No comments:

Post a Comment