Friday, December 20, 2019

Year Recap Part 1

I just realized I never actually posted anything here about the rest of the Christmas plushies I made last year! (Though, spoiler alert, I didn't actually finish all of them, so maybe at first I had planned to post about it once they were all done...) But so much has happened in the past year, so I'm going to take it one step at a time for this recap.
First of all- the Christmas plushies!

Last Christmas, I made two sets of plushies- the ones that were done by Christmas Eve, for the people I live with or came over on Christmas Eve:


-The Mew, obviously, which I showed before.
-A unicorn (made with this pattern), which ended up getting a bit of an afro-mane, and probably should have been stuffed a little more (thankfully little kids aren't too picky)


-A Toothless (made with this pattern, by Project Toothless)


-A little unicorn ornament (made with this pattern, by Alan Dart), which had a much more controllable mane


-And an elephant ornament (made with this pattern by Jennifer Laine).


There was also a baby murloc, which I finished at the last minute Christmas day (because I always have to do something last-minute). I actually made the pattern myself, which I posted here on my Deviantart.


Then the second set of plushies were done by the 12th Day of Christmas, and were for my friends at school:


-A manta ray (whose pattern I designed myself, but I have yet to post)


-A flamingo (which I also designed, but am somewhat ashamed to share because it didn't turn out very well)


-A rabbit (also from my own pattern, which I posted here on Deviantart)


-A Yoshi (made from this pattern, which I believe was taken from a licensed Nintendo plush...)


-A poro (made from this pattern by GrnMarco)


-An eevee (made from this pattern by Luminous-Luchador)


-A kodama, the little spirit guys from Princess Mononoke (I designed the pattern, but again, I probably won't share it)


-A seal, made from this pattern


-And some little guys with magnets in them, which I designed based on one of my friend's drawings


There were also two plushies that I meant to make (by Christmas Eve), but didn't have time to make, and thereafter forgot about until just recently... hopefully they will be done this year.

Oh, and I also did a raffle on Deviantart last year for a plushie that I would make after completing all of these (which I had meant to share here too, but totally forgot to do...) And the winner got a totoro, which I finished in June...


I made the pattern for the totoro too, but since it requires a bit of thread-sculpting to get to the right shape, I'm waiting to release the pattern until I have time to make at least a little tutorial along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment