Saturday, December 21, 2019

Year Recap Part 2

Ok, so, in the Spring semester I took a sculpture class. I made lots of cool things!

A nearly life-sized (or at least child-sized) cardboard warrior:


A wooden dragon head, which I was originally planning to add details to and stain/shine up, but it was taking way too long, so I ended up turning it into a mummy at the last minute to hide its unfinished-ness (I will try to eventually finish it as I had originally planned, though):


The dragon head was also a perfect size that I can wear it as a mask/helmet! (Though there are a few pokey bits on the inside that don't make it ideal...)


And then I got to play with fire and an anvil and such, and made a little metal pirate ship! I originally wanted it to be able to float, but I suck at welding, so I couldn't fill in the little holes on the bottom without replacing them with more holes... So I made it a little dock instead, for it to rest on.


I also had to do 100 drawings of various sculptures for the class. It was supposed to be one a day for the whole semester, but I got busy with other things... So I ended up doing like half of them in the last week or so... I won't post all 100 of them here (If you want, you can see them here and here on my Deviantart), but these are my favorite of them:






No comments:

Post a Comment