Sunday, December 24, 2017

A Bayleef for Bailey

So... I finally got back to making plushies for my friends. They're going to be 11th day of Christmas presents this year, just like last year... And I still have some actual Christmas presents I need to finish up... I guess that's what I'm doing all day today.

Anyways, I made a Bayleef! And this is the first plushie I've designed myself without heavily relying on other peoples' patterns or tutorials to help me that actually came out right on the first try! I sketched out the pattern yesterday, made him, and he looks cute.


The leaf on his head took a really long time to make, since I sewed a pipe cleaner to both pieces before I sewed the edges so that it would be able to stand right. I just had to make sure that those stitches never went through the other side of the felt, so they're effectively invisible :) I think the extra effort was totally worth it, though, for how well he came out!



No comments:

Post a Comment